I'm late posting today! I've been trying to post entries before I go to bed (but after midnight) so the post is ready when YOU, dear readers, wake up in the morning... but last night I was just too tired. I had a meeting with my writing partner last night and we talked about the end of my book. Some serious revisions are going to have to be done, and it was a mentally exhausting conversation... just the thought of diving back in to that manuscript to re-tackle the end makes me want to crawl under my covers and sleep for two weeks. I came home and tried to work it but my brain just didn't want to, so I changed tactics and started working on the short story I mentioned on Monday. 1,700 words effortlessly poured out onto the keyboard and I was zonked. I'm excited about what I have so far, though - it's dark but whimsical, and I'm having fun being ANYWHERE besides the universe of my novel. That makes me feel kind of guilty to say, but I think it's understandable.
I would like to say that I'm eternally grateful to my writing partner for her patience and honesty and dedication... without her, I wouldn't HAVE a novel. So thanks, Gail Gray, for all your hard work in helping me birth this particular baby. Your opinions and advice are beyond measure. Thank you so much.
I've been given an award!
JL Stratton at True Life and Fiction gave me this award. Thanks so much, JL!! You guys should check out JL's blog - it's a great read!
For this award, I am asked to write seven stories. I've chosen to write six true stories and one lie. Can you pick out which one is the lie?
1. I went to a special arts program when I was in high school, and I was in a class taught by Maya Angelou.
2. My roommates sometimes call me "Pan" and the last time I went to the beach, I woke up people in hotels four blocks away by crowing at the ocean.
3. I love Star Wars so much, I quote Han Solo's lines in my sleep.
4. I have a list of things I feel need to be accomplished before the Zombie Apocalypse happens, i.e. learning to ride a motorcycle, shoot a gun, kill a person with a spork, etc.
5. After setting up a bowling party for Nickleback in April, I got to work with the local radio station to set up a bowling event for Lady Gaga in July. She's going to bowl in one of her crazy costumes for charity.
6. Last Halloween I dressed up as Max from Where the Wild Things are, complete with crown, scepter, and wolf costume. I was the King of the Wild Things on Halloween, and what a responsibility to mayhem that was...
7. I wrote my entire 124,000 word novel on my laptop while sitting in bed.
The lies and truth will be separated tomorrow... but until then, you got a guess?
Have a great HUMP DAY, all! :D