Friday, August 6, 2010

Century Post!

So this is my 100th post to this journal! Whooo!

I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished with this blog in the last eight months. I've posted consistently, documented my journey as a first-time novelist, and made some great friends along the way. And some of you must like what I have to say, because I now have 144 followers! I can't believe it!

Thanks to every single one of you for your kindness, support, and positive energy you've sent my way. I never expected anything like this when I started this blog. I'm overwhelmed at the amount of amazing writers and bloggers I've met since I started this journey.

And the journey is just starting to ramp up... with KillerCon on the way (don't worry, I'll be giving you a full report *salutes*), other conventions to plan for, editing on the novel close to being finished, a new novel to research and start a timeline for, short stories to polish and/or compose, a website to launch (later this month!), and a whole lot more... I hope you'll stick around for what's coming up next.

And as for other things coming up next, remember that Pay it Forward contest I had a couple of months ago? The winner was Karen G from Coming Down the Mountain. I bought a copy of her book (as per the contest prize rules) and expect to finish it this weekend! So keep an eye out for my review next week, and I'll also be posting an interview with Karen!

There's a lot of stuff to work on this weekend... finalizing business cards for KillerCon, working on the edits for the novel, practicing for the contest at the convention, finishing up Karen's book and writing a review, getting short story submissions ready for upcoming deadlines. I'm so looking forward to the days when I can do this full-time and not cram it into weekends. But until then, I'll just keep on going for as long as I can and try not to get in this guy's predicament:



Sometimes I feel like this when I am editing... Almost there, almost there, almost... wait a sec... WHAT needs to be revised again?! Where am I in this book, anyway?!

I'm sure y'all can identify. ;)

Have a FANTASTIC weekend, friends!

9 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congratulations on your 100th post, here's to the next 100.

Have a nice day.

Yvonne.

Ella said...

Congrats! Poor turtle, we all have had moments like these~ enJOY KillerCon, it will be amazing!
I look forward to Karen G's interview!

Will Burke said...

OMG, that poor turtle was hilarious! Congrats on all the followers!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! Always enjoy reading you posts. And someone help that poor turtle.

Laura S. said...

WAHOOO! I made a virtual cake for you! Just like those ones TV people make when they're celebrating 100 episodes. Congrats and enjoy!!!

Hart Johnson said...

Happy 100th post!

And that POOR turtle! You're right--editing often feels JUST like that. It is the reason to always save under a different name, because sometimes you edit yourself out of one mess, only to find you've got a much worse mess and it is better to just go back.

I have forgotten to get you a Pay It forward link for our project (starring YOU!--or you first, anyway) http://www.the-burrow.org/

Okie said...

Congrats on a great 100 posts.

That turtle image is so funny and is such a good visualization of what you're talking about. Nice find. Great post. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on eight blogging months and 100 awesome posts! Best of luck with all your projects. And, love the turtle! I feel like that...a lot!

Happy weekend!

Al said...

Congratulations on the 100th post!