I'd like to say THANKS to each and every one of you that left a comment on my blog entry about agents yesterday. The general consensus seems to be working with an agent is definitely preferable to working alone. I got some really insightful viewpoints from a lot of authors and I really, really appreciate all the feedback you guys left. As much as I love Stephen King, I think I'm going to go against his advice here. I feel that I need an agent to help me go to bat with the big guys. But I do appreciate his concern and will do my best to keep my eyes open for potential rip-off artists.
Last week my friend the Watery Tart tagged me in a little questionnaire and I wanted to go ahead and get the answers out there. Sorry for the delay, Hart!!
Question 1 - Where were you five years ago?
1) Living and working in Indianapolis, IN
2) Writing a few short stories here and there
3) Learning the importance of family
4) Missing my home in South Carolina
5) Finding out everything there is to know about commercial lighting
Question 2 - Where would you like to be five years from now?
1) On a book tour!
2) Not working the Clark Kent job any longer
3) Writing my third (or fourth) novel
4) Living in the South
5) Preparing for my 40th birthday party (it'll take months to plan, ha!)
Question 3 - What is (was) on your to do list today?
1) Working at the Clark Kent job
2) Writing a blog entry
3) Soldiering on towards the end of the WIP MS
4) Laundry... so much laundry!
5) Bowling with a couple of friends this evening
Question 4 - What 5 snacks do you enjoy?
1) Does delicious beer count??
2) Devil's food cookies
3) Mint Oreo fudge cremes... these are ridiculously good
5) Sopressata salami and fresh mozzerella
Question 5 - What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1) Pay off my family's houses, cars, and any other debt
2) Start a grant program for Southern writers
3) Create a new publishing house that's open to all genres
4) Buy a movie studio and make my own films
5) Travel all over the world
The other half of this little game is tagging five people to keep the questions going! Here are my tagged blogfriends:
Mel Chelsea of Caledonia Lass
Curtis and Shane of Mooks in the Movies
Lola Sharp of Sharp Pen/Dull Sword
Falen of Falen Formulates Fiction
Theresa Milstein of Substitute Teacher's Saga
Also, I was given a blog award last week by Laura Marcella of Wavy Lines!
Thanks for the Superior Scribbler award, Laura!! I'm passing this on to the following blogs:
Alex J. Cavanaugh
Simon C. Larter
These guys are awesome and if you don't know 'em yet, try to take a minute today to check 'em out!
One more thing... 99 followers!! As soon as I hit that hundred mark I'm announcing a blog contest! YEAH!! Check back soon for more details!