Friday, April 15, 2011

Las Vegas or Bust

The 2001 World Horror Convention is in a couple of weeks, and sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm a little disappointed because I'll be missing one of my favorite horror writers, Joe Hill, and I'll also miss the company of the writers I met last year when I went to KillerCon in Las Vegas.

I've been offered an opportunity to go back to KillerCon as a volunteer, and my registration fees will be waived. I think I've got a couple of friends that might let me crash on their couch for a night or two, and that means I only have to worry about the expenses for a couple of nights in the hotel, plus airfare.

I really want to go back to Vegas this year. The convention is over the weekend of my birthday, so it'll be a nice little present to myself. I still need to have some new material to take, though. The going on that's pretty damn slow. But I'm still working on it.

Thinking positively is the key here so... I will get back to Vegas this year, I will have new material to shop around, and I will have another short story published before then. Guess it's high time I started sending work out again, huh?

What's your goal? What do you want to have accomplished by the end of September? Want to meet up with me at KillerCon? Or something else? Share it... maybe we can help each other on our way to the end results.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I came here via A to Z, and I'm sending you good Vegas vibes!

I haven't even started thinking about May goals yet, let alone September :-)

Sophia said...

Of course you'll make it to Vegas and have something to take with you! I have total faith you will make it happen. By September I'll have current WIP revised and hopefully have made some significant progress of my next WIP, whatever that may be.
- Sophia.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You will make it!
My goal is to have my next manuscript polished and ready this summer.

Unknown said...

I just signed up for my first Writers Conference [PNWA] and I'm psyched! A little scared too! ;)