Monday, April 18, 2011

Oxford Comma

From the Wikipedia entry:
The serial comma (also known as the Oxford comma or Harvard comma, and sometimes referred to as the series comma) is the comma used immediately before a coordinating conjunction (usually and or or, sometimes nor) preceding the final item in a list of three or more items. For example, a list of three countries can be punctuated as either "Portugal, Spain, and France" (with the serial comma) or as "Portugal, Spain and France" (without the serial comma).
Check it, hipster grammar geek scribes. It's a real thing and it's an awesome song from Vampire Weekend.



I hope you like this song half as much as I do.

By the way... I hope you read my "N" entry yesterday. If you haven't, it's something I need you to check out, please, whenever you get the time. I wrote it with you in mind.

1 comment:

Hart Johnson said...

I love Oxford commas and this song was the origin of loving Vampire Weekend, so thank you for that!